Mayra L. Garcia
Before starting her own practice, Ms. Garcia practiced with the two biggest criminal
defense firms in San Diego.
Ms. Garcia started her practice as a trial attorney at Federal Defenders of San Diego,
Inc. where she was a trial attorney from 1997 through 2001. During this time, Ms.
Garcia tried several federal felony cases and handled hundreds of federal felonies to their
completion, including through the appellate process. Ms. Garcia also argued before the
Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit several times.
Ms. Garcia then practiced in state court with the biggest criminal defense office in San
Diego County, the Office of the Public Defender. Ms. Garcia was in court almost every
day litigating, arguing and fighting for her clients. She had hundreds of
hearings and over 20 jury and bench trials.
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1997
Mount Holyoke College, B.A. Russian and Eurasian Studies, 1994
South Hadley, MA
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Member, Legal Organizations
- California State Bar
- California Defense Bar Association, Board Member
- San Diego County Bar
- California Public Defender Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, former Board Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Club
Member, Non-Legal Organizations
- Mount Holyoke College Club of San Diego, Board Member
- Mount Holyoke College Alumnae Association, Board Member
- Mount Holyoke College Nominating Committee, former Member
- Moxie Theatre, Board Member